Broccoli is one of the most valuable vegetables that is rich in nutrients and has numerous benefits for improving human health. Broccoli is a family of cabbage and is rich in vitamins A and D. Broccoli offers the best and most in the cool season.
- Broccoli has a substance called SULFORAPHANE that greatly reduces the number, size and proliferation of cancerous tumors. As a result, it prevents cancer, especially breast cancer, stomach, colon, rectum and lungs in humans.
- Broccoli has a lot of fiber, carotenoids, vitamins A, vitamins C and vitamins K, which help prevent gastric and intestinal cancer.
- Due to its high levels of vitamin C, fiber and beta-carotene (a vitamin A precursor), broccoli is considered as a potent antioxidant that prevents harmful effects of free radicals in the body, resulting in diseases such as cancers, Alzheimer’s disease (Aging forgetfulness), heart disease, arthritis (joint inflammation) and delaying the aging process.
- The high amount of fiber found in broccoli is very useful for people with diabetes, and diabetics should put this valuable vegetable in their meals to control their illness.
- The calcium in the broccoli is as high as calcium in the milk, so it is very useful for people with osteoporosis or calcium deficiency. But because milk, in addition to calcium, also contains vitamin D, is a better source of osteoporosis because vitamin D helps absorb calcium in the body.