Corn is one of the important Cereals that has been planted the most in agricultural lands after wheat. Corn is full of nutrients needed by the body and a very good source of fibers and high in calories.
Agricultural lands under cultivation, amount of products per hectare and use of corn, increased in most of the countries in recent years. Most important corn producing countries are America, Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Mexico, Romania, France and etc. Due to corn’s high sugar and starch and its high producing amount, corn is one the best forage plants for fresh or silage use.
- Corn has cool and dry temper in old Iran medicine.
- Corn’s ointment dry the wounds out.
- Corn is an anticancer food.
- Steady use of corn prevent the teeth from rotting.
- Corn oil lower the blood cholesterol.
- Corn oil is useful for treating Eczema and other skin disease.